DataTree eguru is Learning Management System also known as a Course Management System/Virtual Learning Environment.eguru is designed to help educators create online courses with opportunities for rich interaction.
- Resource types.
- Question types.
- Data field types (for the database activity).
- Graphical themes.
- Authentication methods.
- Enrollment methods.
- Providing a customisable overview of all courses, plus RSS feeds.
- Full support for SCORM 2004/SCORM-AICC.
- Support for IMS LD Level A, allowing import and export.
- Web Services API,Integration with some repositories.
- Content Filters.
- Promotes a social constructionist pedagogy (collaboration, activities, critical reflection, etc).
- Suitable for 100% online classes as well as supplementing face-to-face learning.
- Simple, lightweight, efficient, compatible, low-tech browser interface
- Easy to install on almost any platform that supports PHP. Requires only one database (and can share it).
- Full database abstraction supports all major brands of database
- Course listing shows descriptions for every course on the server, including accessibility to guests.
- Courses can be categorised and searched – eguru site can support thousands of courses.
- Emphasis on strong security throughout. Forms are all checked, data validated, cookies encrypted etc.
- Most text entry areas (resources, forum postings etc) can be edited using an embedded WYSIWYG HTML editor.
- A full teacher has full control over all settings for a course, including restricting other teachers.
- Choice of course formats such as by week, by topic or a discussion-focussed social format.
- Flexible array of course activities – Forums, Quizzes, Resources, Choices, Surveys, Assignments, Chats, Workshops.
- Recent changes to the course since the last login can be displayed on the course home page – helps give sense of community.
- All grades for Forums, Quizzes and Assignments can be viewed on one page (and downloaded as a spreadsheet file).
- Full user logging and tracking – activity reports for each student are available with graphs and details about each module (last access, number of times read) as well as a detailed “story” of each students involvement including postings etc on one page.
- Mail integration – copies of forum posts, teacher feedback etc can be mailed in HTML or plain text.
- Custom scales – teachers can define their own scales to be used for grading forums and assignments.