DataTree Library is a PHP/MySQL Library automation application. The program consists of cataloging, circulation, and webpac modules. The program also has an import-export feature. The program strictly follows the USMARC standard for adding materials, which is the official Machine Readable Cataloging (MARC) format for digital catalogs for libraries.
An integrated library system(ILS), is an enterprise resource planning system for a library. An ILS is designed to coordinate and automate such library functions as the online catalog, the circulation system, and the acquisitions system. ILS fulfills the requirements of cataloguing, serial control, circulation, OPAC and other information management services.Library professionals welcome the use of ILS.It improves the efficiency of house keeping operations. Use of ILS requires only the one time entry of the data,and the same can be made use for all other purposes.
Functions Of DataTree Library:
- Acquisition of documents.
- Cataloging and Indexing.
- Circulation of Books.
- Serials/periodicals control.
- Search & Retrival – OPAC
- Administration – budget,statistics.
- Generation of Reports/Lists.
- Data backup&Security.
- Self Checkout/Check-in Facility.
- Stock Verification & Accounting.
- Id card Generation.
- Integration of electronic resources.
- Survilence of Library Material.
- e-mail remainders to users.
- Co-operative cataloging – OCLC.
- Online ILL & DDS.
- Digital Library/Institutional Repositories.